Hello! And welcome to the weekend! I’m really behind on this, but thank you so much to Nikita @ Prose and Pancakes for nominating me for this award tag (go give her a follow if you haven’t already!).
What’s the Sunshine Blogger Award?
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
- Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them.
- Nominate 11 other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
- Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
1. Do you watch book-to-movie adaptations? Which ones are your favorite?
Yep! I’ve found plenty of good books through film/TV adaptations too, like ‘Pride & Prejudice’, ‘Emma’, the ‘Percy Jackson’ books, ‘To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before’ and more. My favourite is ‘Love, Simon’ and I have a soft spot for ‘The Lizzie Bennet Diaries’ vlog series on Youtube! (Link here.) The ‘Emma Approved’ series by the same makers was also excellent.
2. Can you name an underrated book you read and loved?
100% the ‘Railhead’ trilogy by Philip Reeve! I five-starred all three books and it is truly the beautiful sci-fi fantasy populated with compelling characters that I never knew I needed. The author himself is also such a lovely bloke (I met him at a signing)!
3. Do you read or write fanfiction?
Not much writing, though the OCs that I slaved away writing and illustrating back in my teens actually had so much fanfic potential… I read fanfic very occasionally, usually when I’m in the depths of fangirl mode – there was a pretty good Dramione fic that I remember (though possibly NSFW in some older years I think, not sure) called ‘Second Time Around’ (link here). I haven’t finished it yet but hope to someday. I also really want to read ‘Gin Mills and the Goods’, a ‘The School for Good and Evil’ 1920s AU (link here).
4. How did you fall in love with reading? When did it happen?
I have no idea! Probably around 5 or 6 as I don’t have memories of reading in kindergarten. I think I loved the escapism of it, and the magic, of course. (Big fantasy lover!)
5. Do you have hobbies other than reading books and blogging about them? If yes, what are they?
I love to sing, write songs and poetry, make fanart as well as work on my fiction WIPs! (One’s a sci-fi series and the other is more high fantasy. I’ve also got a contemporary idea in the pipes…) I also really enjoy basketball, football, rock climbing, theatre and baking.
6. Which book is closest to your heart?
The only answer I can give for this is the ‘Harry Potter’ series. Despite what’s been happening recently with Rowling, the books cannot be separated from my childhood.
7. What would be the title of the book based on your life?
Definitely ‘“That One Time When…”‘ – my friends came up with it over dinner one time (seriously, I say it a lot) on account of how I almost always begin one of my anecdotal stories this way!
8. What’s one movie you want to be novelized?
Good question! I think ‘Notting Hill’ as I’ve not personally read that many rom-com contemporaries with a male protagonist, not least one who’s this gentle, open and sensitive. (If anyone has any recommendations to prove me wrong, please comment them below!)
9. You can only either read graphic novels or fanfiction. Which one do you choose?
Graphic novels – I’ve only recently gotten into them so there surely must be like a million out there that I’ve not read yet! Plus it seems to be a growing genre.
10. Book blogging or BookTube- which one do you like more?
I’ve only ever done book blogging so I’d say that – but I’m very interested in branching out into bookTube too! (I just need to find the time to watch some bookTube videos first so I understand the niche a bit more.)
11. What’s one thing book blogging has taught you?
It’s introduced me to using WordPress, which is certainly a plus!
- Justine @ Pages and Brews
- Virginia @ The Sassy Library Fox
- Ms. Victorious @ Victorious Pages
- Emer @ A Little Book Haze
- Mandy & Sha @ Book Princess Reviews
- The Orang-utan Librarian
- Dini @ dinipandareads
- Joanna @ The Geekish Brunette
- R A I N @ The Withering
- Miscellany Pages
- Beck @ Smellfoy Can Read?!
- Which book/series have you re-read the most times?
- Pick ONLY one: hardback, paperback, ebook or audiobook!
- Do you have any blog-related goals/plans for 2020?
- What book wasn’t as good the second time around?
- What book was even BETTER the second time around?
- If you could swap places with any character who would it be and why?
- What are your favourite books/authors that champion diversity?
- What is the most important thing you look for in a book? (e.g. for me it’s characters I can connect with, because otherwise I don’t give a damn about the whole book oops)
- Favourite indie (or lesser known) author/book?
- What’s your favourite bookish trope?
- What is your favourite book from each genre? (e.g. fantasy, contemporary, sci-fi, historical fiction, memoir, self-help etc. – go with whichever you’ve read from!)