Back in March, Virgina @ The Sassy Library Fox nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award – thank you so much (and apologies for my slowness in response)!
The “Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.Okoto Enigma (creator of award)
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about you.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice.
- Share a link to your best post(s)
3 things about me…
- I sing. A lot. My sister is always saying, “Sabrina, we’re not living in a musical!” Training-wise I’m a Classical singer but I enjoy singing all sorts of music, from indie rock to Disney. (Oh, I LOVE Disney.)
- I have a BA in Anthropology and Archaeology, and an MSc in Bioarchaeology and Forensic Anthropology! I aspire to one day be a university lecturer, researcher and practising forensic anthropologist.
- I love making people laugh – I get a high off of entertaining my friends at group meals, my family over Skype, and I used to consider becoming a comedian. (Ditched that plan as I’m only comfortable enough around my close friends to really tap into that energy!)
Without further ado…
What’s your favourite dish?
Difficult to pick out of all the Asian dishes I adore, but first prize goes to my grandma’s soto ayam (Indonesian chicken soup) over rice. I literally ask for it every single time I go to visit my grandma’s and even though I had it when I visited Indonesia, I still love my grandma’s version the best.
What’s a book that’s so good you would actually throw it at people, because they need to read it NOW?!
‘HEARTSTOPPER’ BY ALICE OSEMAN LIKE COME ON PEOPLE (also her books in general). If you want to see me laud Heartstopper in depth then feel free to read my Medium article about it, where I also include opinions from other LGBTQ+ and neurodivergent readers!
Your favourite song that gives you summer vibes?
‘Cristina’ by Sebastián Yatra (music video here)! First heard it in summer 2019 and it gunned my interest in learning Spanish into high gear.
What’s your favourite quote?
This quote is really personal. It’s from ‘The Rest of Us Just Live Here’ by Patrick Ness, in a chapter where Mikey, the protagonist, is talking to his therapist.
“Feelings don’t try to kill you, even the painful ones. Anxiety is a feeling grown too large. A feeling grown aggressive and dangerous. You’re responsible for its consequences, you’re responsible for treating it. But Michael, you’re not responsible for causing it. You’re not morally at fault for it. No more than you would be for a tumor.”
I remember coming back from the club at uni, eating my chicken nuggets over my friend’s loaned copy of this book, and just crying because of what I was reading at 3am.
Your most anticipated book coming out this year?
‘One True King’ (‘The School for Good and Evil’, #6) by Soman Chainani
Beyond Good and Evil. Beyond Ever Afters.
The fairy tale of Sophie and Agatha comes to a dramatic conclusion in this sixth and final book of Soman Chainani’s New York Times bestselling fantasy series
Who will sit on Camelot’s throne and rule the Endless Woods? Who will be the One True King? Prepare yourself for the End of Ends…
UNGH one of my favourite series is coming to a close in June and truly I tell you, I. Am. HYPED. (And also a bit sad. But mostly hyped.)
- Allisa @ Allisa White’s Book Blog
- Alex @ WhimsyPages
- E. @ Local Bee Hunter’s Nook
- Chloe @ marshmallow pudding
- Justine @ The Literary Beerlingual
- Leigh Hecking
- Holly @ Nut Free Nerd
- Octavia @ Mermaid Reads
- Emelie @ Emelie’s Books
- Jessica @ Stuck In The Book
My questions for you…
- If you made a blog for something other than books, what would it be for?
- Would you rather only be able to read the reviews you’ve written of past reads (no new books!), or only be able to read books that never transcend 3 out of 5 stars?
- If you could use one dose of Veritaserum (truth potion) on anyone (real or fictional), who would it be and why?
- What’s your favourite fanmade content for a book you love? (Art, merch, cosplay, anything!)
- What TV show/movie do you think would have made an excellent book?
(As always, please don’t feel obligated to do this, it’s all for fun!)
To round off…a link to my best post:
I’ve already mentioned it, but I’m actually really proud of my ‘Heartstopper’ review that I wrote on Medium. I spent ages on it, researched other readers’ opinions and just all around poured my soul into it, so I’ll put that one up for best post!